Welcome back to another action packed term full of learning and fun. This year we are introducing a new curriculum in line with Curriculum 2014. For more information on the details of what each class will be covering please check in Our Curriculum.
Children have settled really quickly into their new classes and Mr Bell and his team are working hard to make sure that our very smallest children have a flying start to their time at St Francis.
New staff have also settled in quickly and it feels like they have always been part of our team!
So far this term:
- Year 2 have visited Skipton Castle in Yorkshire as part of their Towers, Turrets and Tunnels project
- Foundation Stage have been on a Magical Mystery Tour to Pettypool
- Year 1 have been Den building in Lyme Park
- Y5 have started their swimming lessons and are already showing their talent and spirit
- Year 6 have been involved in an Opera project with the Royal Northern College of Music and will be performing on the stage there in October
- Year 6 have also started their Bike Right training. Year 5 will be participating in December
- We had an amazing Languages day, complete with Pamplona bull running, flamenco dancing and Spanish cookery. The cookery session also included an unplanned fire alarm practice which was very successful!
- African drumming and Steel pan groups have started again and the teachers are reporting great progress already.
- Year 4 and 6 are having cricket coaching from Lancashire Cricket Club
- Tag Rugby, Girls and Boys football teams have started their tournaments and met with great success
- A Cross Country team has now begun and are showing real talent, coming first in their first tournament
- We have welcomed many visitors already – including a film crew from BBC Newsround. All visitors unfailingly comment on how fantastic our children are.