Free School Meals
If your child is entitled to free school meals, and is in school because of your job or they are in a specific group - we will feed your children at lunchtime as usual.
If your child is NOT in school and is entitled to Free School Meals and is please read the following:-
From 23 March, the Council has set up a scheme to help with food costs for families who are facing additional financial challenges due to the Covid 19 virus.
To qualify your family must be Manchester residents or supported by the Homelessness Service. The criteria is:
- Children and young people who meet the criteria for free school meals (where the school have not got other arrangements in place);
- Children and young people who are classed as an asylum seeker; and
- Children and young people whose family has been hardest hit by the recent issues and may be waiting for benefits to be assessed or have a gap in their income due to being laid off etc.
The contribution towards a lunchtime meal is £1.75 per day (£8.75 per week) for each child or young person in the household.
The Council will be able to pay this money within a few days by the following methods
- A bank transfer into a nominated bank account
- A secure text message that can be used to access cash from a range of Paypoint outlets in the city
- A voucher that can be printed and can then be exchanged for cash from a range of Paypoint outlets in the city.
To make an application please submit a request via the Council’s Welfare Provision Scheme - this link will become live on 25th March..