We had an amazing time with Sam from science of sound today! We spent the morning learning all about sound. We explored instruments and we learnt and were able to:
- identify how sounds are made, associating some of them with something vibrating
- recognise that vibrations from sounds travel through a medium to the ear
- find patterns between the pitch of a sound and features of the object that produced it
- find patterns between the volume of a sound and the strength of the vibrations that produced it
- recognise that sounds get fainter as the distance from the sound source increase
It was so informative and we learnt so much! We are already experts in sound now.