In September 2020, all our classes returned to full-time education following the Covid 19 closure in March. Although we hope that the majority of our children will now have an uninterrupted experience, there is the possibility that an individual child, a class bubble, or indeed the whole school, will need to self-isolate for a period of time. We have therefore put in place a plan for remote learning so that all children can continue with their education.
This meets the expectations set out in the DfE guidance ‘Remote Education Support’
Here is our action plan for Remote Learning
Remote Learning Action Plan
In the event of a bubble closure:
- We will continue to use Class Dojo as the hub for our remote learning and communication between child,parent and teacher. It was used successfully by many families during lockdown. Please let us know if this is a barrier for you and we will do what we can to support you.
- The work set on Class Dojo will be a mixture of online, paper based and practical activities as we all know that a child should not be spending all their time online. We will also provide a pack of paper based work.
- We will use Oxford Owl to allow children to access reading scheme books. Your child's teacher will let you know which colour book band to use.
- We will also use the official website - Oak National Academy - this was set up with DFE funding and covers all areas of the curriculum. Teachers will direct you to which sections to use through Class Dojo
- KS1 and 2 Children will be directed to use their Numbots,Times Table Rock Stars and Ed Shed accounts and challenges will be set.
- Google Classroom will be used for some face to face time with the class teacher. This will be dependent on the class and availability of the teacher.
Here are some useful websites for home learning. Although they have been approved and checked please ensure that children are using them safely and under your guidance. There are some great YouTube channels for learning that we have suggested, however it is important that online safety is adhered to.
To help you with Online Safety please look at this brilliant resource -
Thinkuknow - this website has lots of useful information about safe use of the internet
The Woodland trust - some lovely ideas for outdoors.
Fancy learning British Sign Language?
Primary Homework Help
Times Table Rock Stars and Numbots
Third Space learning - Bar model method
White Rose Maths
The Maths Factor
I see Maths
https://blockly.games/ (coding games)
https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/support-tools/home-activity-worksheets?utm_source=Thinkuknow&utm_campaign=03cb8440df-TUK_ONLINE_SAFETY_AT_HOME_24_03_20&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0b54505554-03cb8440df-64791165 (Online safety)
https://www.lcfclubs.com/babelzoneNEW/ Promo code for free Spanish for the next 3 months: LCF2020sch
Youtube: Youtube is an excellent resource to be used with your children. We use many counting songs to aid us in our teaching, your children will be able to show you any actions to go along with these songs.
Super Simple Songs - Ten Little Dinosaurs. Great for counting to 10!
Super Simple Songs - Five Little Ducks. One of our favourites!
Super Simple Songs - fancy a sing along with some movement thrown in!
Cosmic Kids Yoga - when you need some relaxation. Yoga through stories. A lovely way to create a calm environment.